I’m sharing a collection of random thoughts that seem to be taking up a disproportionate amount of headspace lately. Not sure what it all means…maybe nothing…maybe a deep spiritual puzzle for me to figure out…or maybe just that overachieving self-talk machine hard at work.
- Why don’t organizations invest heavily in their leaders when the link between employee engagement, productivity, profitability and culture are almost exclusively based on leadership impact?
- Why aren’t more senior executives comfortable being vulnerable when we know this demonstrates how human and accessible they can be?
- Why isn’t kindness a required leadership competency when we know the dramatic impact kindness has on all people?
- Why aren’t leaders required to be involved in their communities to demonstrate that their organization is focused on more than just revenue and shareholder value?
- Why don’t we openly talk about faith…all faiths…in the workplace when we know the power of a healthy spiritual life?
Thanks for being here.