Holding a leadership position sounds glamorous. The allure of lots of authority, more pay, and the freedom to make important decisions can be hard to resist.
Oh yes, and power.
Lots and lots of power.
Be careful friends...power can be the fuel that drives organizations to a whole new level of excellence; or it can pollute the mind of the leader and create havoc.
Where are the landmines? What should we look out for? What are the risks leaders should be aware of?
I worry about...
- leaders who think power is the work product
- leaders who don't know what they don't know
- leaders who think they are the smartest person on the team
- leaders who think they don't make mistakes
- leaders who move fast in the name of moving fast
- leaders who are paralyzed and can not make a decision
- leaders who believe they should be trusted because of their job title
- leaders who believe their work day will be shorter in their new role
- leaders who are afraid to use social media
- leaders who don't understand that diversity is NOT an item on a to do list
How About You
What would you add to the list?
I'd love to hear from you.
Post a Comment