Today marks the end of one of the most embarrassing times in the history of our country. As I've reflected on the last year, I realized that I needed to thank you both for a whole bunch of things.
Thank you for...
- teaching me that every single person has value
- showing me how to care for those that are less fortunate than us
- demonstrating what it means to respectfully disagree with someone
- caring enough to let me make mistakes without shaming me
- incorporating a loving way into how you treated me and my sister
- welcoming people into our home who had struggled in wars, were damaged, and had strong opinions that did not match ours, so I could l appreciate all people
- discussing important issues, including the "other side's point of view" so I could learn
- making sure I didn't treat people unfairly, regardless of my position
- coaching me when I got too full of myself
- teaching me to be an effective parent so my children could grow up to make their own choices
- helping me learn the power of listening
- teaching me to be an advocate for those who don't have a voice
- to have the confidence necessary to stand up to hatred when it is a lonely place to be
You both have give me so much...I can only hope that I do half as well passing on these values to my amazing kids.
Post a Comment